Saturday, May 1, 2021

Liverpool Department Store - Online shopping and delivery service

I want to share my experience with online shopping and delivery services of Liverpool Department Store.  I know I have written a blog post about them in the past, but that was about my in-store experiences, of which I have no complaints.  However, my online shopping experience was very disappointing. 

I ordered an item from the Liverpool website and the transactions went through without a hitch. I felt that ordering online was a safer alternative than going directly to the department store. In following the CDC guidelines for COVID-19, I had hoped to avoid large crowds of people in an enclosed environment.  So, the problem was not with the ordering, but rather with delivery.  The item was supposed to be shipped directly to my condo within 10 days of my order.  I received my email receipt with delivery dates and everything, but never received my item.  The only way I could find to contact them (without going to the store…the whole reason for online shopping), was through their WhatsApp number.  The WhatsApp number was basically a run-around tactic telling me my item was on the way.  

After a few more weeks of waiting, I decided to go to the store directly to determine what the problem was (and no, I was not acting like a BECKY OR KAREN!).  When the woman behind the counter checked my order number, she indicated that my item was there waiting for me to pick up.  When I showed her my email receipt with my delivery address, order date, and delivery date, she apologized, but was not able to offer any explanation of why my item was not delivered directly to me.  

At this point, I elected not to accept the item and requested a refund.  Based on this experience, I will not be purchasing anything from their online store again.  

And oh, did I mention that I ordered the item in February 2021, and did not receive the item until April 2021 (after I went to the store and asked for my refund). Two months seems like a long time to me, especially since I was promised delivery 10 days after I placed my online order.  

I certainly recognize that due to COVID-19, companies may be experiencing longer delivery times, but I have not had any problems with shopping online and fast delivery with Amazon, Amazon Mexico, or Mercado Libre.  


No comments:

Post a Comment