Sunday, March 1, 2015

Why we love Liverpool!


Liverpool is one of our favorite stores here in the Riviera Maya. When looking for quality household items, accessories and furniture, Liverpool is the place to go, hands down. We recently purchased a mirror from Liverpool and scheduled delivery to our home in Puerto Aventuras.  When the mirror was delivered, the deliverymen unwrapped the mirror to make sure it was the correct mirror and that there was not damage during the delivery process. During the unwrapping, one of the men was using a box cutter to remove the paper and plastic that the mirror was wrapped in. While he was cutting the wrapping, he accidentally cut the frame of the mirror, which caused damage.

We explained that they would need to return the mirror to the store,
and that we needed a new one. The deliverymen apologized and instructed me to call the store to schedule a new delivery date. When I called the toll free phone number on my receipt, the English speaking customer service representative was very professional, polite and quickly worked to resolve my issue.  She contacted the local Liverpool store where I purchased the mirror and spoke directly with the manager of the furniture department. She told me she provided my contact information to the manager and that he or his staff member would call me within 30 minutes. Within 15 minutes, I received a call from one of the staff members in the furniture department at the local Liverpool.  He explained they had my new mirror in stock and it would be delivered the following week.  I explained that I had hired someone to install the mirror and needed it to be delivered the next day.  

At this point, the man explained that I had two options: 

1) I could wait for delivery in another week, or 
2) I could come and get the mirror and have it in time for my installation person. 

 I explained that since I don’t have a car here in the Riviera Maya, I would catch the local colectivo to their store to get the mirror and take a taxi back to my home.  As soon as I mentioned not having a car, taking a colectivo and then a taxi, he volunteered to bring me the mirror.  I was shocked and surprised!   After all, he is not the delivery department.   I provided my address with directions and he and the original salesperson (Ms. Olivares Media Rebe) came to my home with the mirror.  The man explained that since I had an installation person coming to install my mirror, it made no sense to have to wait another week.  He and Olivares were happy to accommodate me.  

As promised, they delivered my mirror with no problems.  They unwrapped the mirror to show me there was no damage and made sure I was happy.  Since we had purchased other items from Liverpool and Ms. Olivares Medina Rebe had been the salesperson who we purchased the items from, I took a minute and showed her the items.  She was so happy that we were pleased with the items and that they looked so nice in our home.  She shared with us that she never gets a chance to see the purchases her customers make in their homes, so this was a special moment for her.   After a couple of minutes, we all hugged and bid each other good-bye.  

Don’t get us wrong.  We know all about exemplary, quality customer service, and only patronize those stores, companies and services that meet our standards.  However, we have never had the salesperson that sold us an item delivery it personally.  

Did they go above and beyond…you bet they did!


And the mirror looks beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment