Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Must-have fruit and vegetable bags for your next trip to Chedraui grocery store

I noticed a couple of years ago that Chedraui grocery store was consistently running out of grocery shopping bags.  Not only that, they were frequently out of the plastic bags in the produce department.  I naturally thought they just had not calculated the number of bags they needed per customer or that deliveries were slow.  Well, I may have been correct in my assumptions, but I will probably never really know what happened.  


All I can say today, is that Chedraui grocery store no longer uses plastic shopping bags (not even their pharmacy).  And although they still have a small number of plastic bags in the produce department, they are moving away from this practice all together and only selling reusable canvas tote bags.

Which brings me to the point of this blog.  Now, if you have been reading my blog posts, you know that I use a shopping tote to go back and forth to the grocery store.  I did not have a problem with the store no longer using plastic shopping bags since all my groceries went into my tote.  However, it did bother me to have all my produce just rolling around in my tote.  

So, after a day of shopping and contemplating the abuses my fruit and vegetables endured during their transport to our condo, I decided to search the internet to identify fruit and produce bags.  

Well, I found the perfect solution for me.  A set of 20 see-through mesh fruit and vegetable bags that come in four sizes (6 L, 6 M, 6 S and 2 XS).  These bags are great for holding everything. They are heavy duty bags, but don’t add any weight to your items when it’s time to check out.  The nice drawstring holds everything in its place, and they are washable.  As you will see from the photos below, I used my mesh bags for all my goodies.   I didn’t think I would use the 2 XS bags but found out quickly they are the perfect size for ginger root and the nut and candy bins.  

I keep my bags in my shopping tote so I’m always ready.  I’ve had several people stop me in the store and compliment me on being a smart shopper.  They also wanted to know where I got my bags.  

These bags have made shopping much easier…and fun too!  So be prepared the next time you’re headed out grocery shopping here in Puerto Aventuras…it’s all in the bag!
















No comments:

Post a Comment