Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Glow Beauty Studio in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico

I love pampering myself with manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, etc.  So, when a new spa or salon opens in the area, I’m the first in line.  

Glow Beauty Studio is in Central Park in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico.  It is a small salon, that packs a punch.  They have two pedicure stations, two manicure stations, and one hair station.  The décor is simple, yet elegant with soft spa music playing in the background.  It’s impeccably clean and the receptionist is very charming and engaging.  And although their English is not that great (neither is my Spanish, with the use of a translation app, we managed).


I scheduled an appointment for later in the afternoon on the same day I went in to inquire about their services.  I went and had lunch with my husband and went back to the salon.  Upon my arrival, there was still some confusion regarding the services I had made my appointment for, but the problem was quickly resolved.

The service that I scheduled was the removal of my shellac nail polish...that’s when things went downhill.  The technician did not have all her equipment available and had to check with the other technician to borrow supplies.  My technician acted as if she really did not want to be there.  There was very little interaction (maybe due to language differences), and if she needed to ask me a question, she asked one of the other staff members to ask me.  I certainly recognize not speaking the language could make for a challenging experience, but a pleasant and polite smile goes a long way.  


After she was provided with enough supplies, she wrapped my nails and waited to remove the polish.  The entire time I was waiting, she spoke in Spanish to the other technician that was serving the customer sitting next to me. Not sure what they were talking about, but it seemed rude to me and the other customer.  

I had planned (based on their schedule) to reapply my shellac, but I was informed by one of the English-speaking staff members that they did not have their shellac colors available at that time, only regular nail polish.  My appointment lasted about 30 minutes, I paid and left.  There was one other situation that caught my attention, but not in a good way.  A customer came into the salon with her dog and the shop allowed her dog to sit in one of the pedicure chairs, next to her. I have nothing against pets, but I was very concerned about sanitation.  When I mentioned this to the receptionist, she indicated that it was no big deal.  All I can say is that I would not want to be the customer sitting in that chair after the dog.  

I was not overly impressed with the service but wanted to give them a try.  

If you are wondering if I will go again, my answer is no.   There are too many other places for me to get my beauty fix.  



No comments:

Post a Comment