Thursday, October 1, 2020

REVIEW: Night Runner 270 Shoe Lights by Night Tech Gear


Safety first.  That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I’m taking my walks at o-dark-thirty each day.  In addition to supportive walking shoes and clothing that wick in the heat and humidly of Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, I am also concerned about proper lighting.  

Although the area in which I walk provides lighting, the lighting would be considered dim light and there are times when some of the street lighting is just not working properly.  I had been carrying a flashlight and even used the flashlight on my phone occasionally.  But what I really wanted was to have flashlights on my shoes so that I could have hands-free walking.  With safety first on my mind, I started my internet search for shoe lights.  My search identified the Night Runner 270 Shoe Light with rechargeable and waterproof battery.  You can purchase your lights directly from Night Tech Gear or from Amazon.com, Amazon.com.mx.  When ordering from either site, compare pricing and keep in mind the additional shipping/handling cost.

Let me tell you that these shoe lights are exactly what I was looking for!  I love that there are three front light settings (standard, high, and flashing) that illuminate up to 30 feet in front of me, and a red-light that can be seen from the back, basically lighting up the ground all around my feet for very high visibility.  And even when I get caught in a quick rain shower (almost guaranteed living in the western Caribbean), the lights continue to work.  In terms of battery life, I have found that on the high-beam or flashing light setting, my light will last approximately 1.5 hours, which is not quite as long as my walk.  But on the standard light setting, my battery lasts over 2 hours, which is more than enough time for me to complete my walk and cool-down. In addition, the easy-breezy clip-on feature and quick charging USB cable makes it a cinch to get up and get out the door in the mornings.

So, whether you are walking, running, hiking, or walking your dog, these shoe lights will provide the illumination you need to enhance the visibility of any obstacles on your course, and alert motorists of your presence. 

And one more thing, I may be dating myself, but does anyone else remember this song? I love bumping to the song “Flashlight” while I’m out walking.  

See photos and my short video below.  ENJOY!!!


Charging cables

Lights with carrying bag

On and off switch





No comments:

Post a Comment