Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Café Layla Restaurant and Guest House in Puerto Morelos, Mexico


A meal worthy of a Michelin Star


On our way back from a shopping trip in Cancun, I decided to try a new place to eat lunch.  I had been researching on Trip Advisor and found several places that would meet diverse appetites.  After reading through several reviews, I decided on Café Layla Restaurant and Guest House in Puerto Morelos.


 
As a plant-based consumer, it is important to me to identify local eateries that offer a wide-ranging menu. I was not disappointed.  Their menu has something for everyone, and their prices are competitive.  The location has a great view of the beach, which added a nice touch to the overall ambiance. The food was delicious and plated beautifully.  I ordered Vegetable Spring Rolls and a Vegetarian Platter, and my two guests ordered Grilled Chicken and Ginger Flank Steak.  And for dessert, we placed one order for fresh baked chocolate cookies; the order comes with three cookies!  They make them while you wait…fresh and hot out of the oven…yummy!!!  BTW: we ate the cookies so fast, I forgot to take pictures…sorry.
 
 After enjoying a wonderful meal, we met Robin the owner.  He was extremely gracious and personable, and provided me and my two guests a tour of his beautiful property with gorgeous views.  Needless to say, my guest and I were very impressed with Robin and Café Layla.  
 
 We ended up spending a few hours there eating and chatting.  We can honestly say that we really had a wonderful time there.  So, if you’re going to be in Puerto Morales or just want to do something different, I would strongly encourage you to make the short drive and head over to Café Layla and Guest House in Puerto Morelos…you will not be disappointed.  

 

  

SIDE NOTE:
When I go to a restaurant and really enjoy what I ordered, I tend to order the same thing every time I go back.  I was so impressed with their plant-based meal that I had, I have gone back twice now and ordered the same thing. All I can say is that Café Layla is definitely worthy of a Michelin Star!


Senor Cruz, Puertodise and Playaweatherman at Cafe Layla


Menu at Cafe Layla

Schedule of events

View from plunge pool

View from yoga rooftop





No comments:

Post a Comment