Saturday, December 28, 2013

Taste of Playa 2013




I’ve been reading about the Taste of Playa for the last couple of years.  Each time I looked at their website or viewed a video, I always started to drool. 
This year I finally got to attend the 5th Annual Taste of Playa event as a VIP. This event showcases the international flavors of the Riviera Maya.  It highlights participating restaurants and displays the culinary variety of the region.  In addition to all the great food and beverages, this event also raises funds to assist a not-for-profit food or clean water program in the area. 

I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!  The venue, right next to the beach, provided excellent ambiance.  The special VIP area was beautifully and colorfully decorated, providing ample seating for mixing and mingling with the other attendees.  After walking around and sampling fare from almost every restaurant, it was time for me to take some photos.  See below.

Side note: There were plenty of things to eat for those of us that eat a plant based diet.

Even Santa made an appearance to spread Christmas cheer!

It was a fun time for all and I look forward to attending in 2014!





















No comments:

Post a Comment