Thursday, September 1, 2016

Dental Services in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico - Aesthetik Dentistry & Orthodontics



We have had the opportunity to utilize the services of Dr. Enrique Perez on two occasions.  

The first time I used his service I thought I was going to need major dental care.  You know how it is...you feel some discomfort and pray for the best, but in private, you start to conjure up all sorts of images in your head.  I started thinking about root canals and transplants.  I mean, I really had myself worked up.  
After a couple of days of being in denial, but still feeling increased discomfort with a tooth, I finally called to make an appointment.  The receptionist (Patty) spoke perfect English, which immediately helped decrease some of my anxiety.  When I inquired into an appointment, she indicated that it would be approximately 3 to 5 days before I could see the dentist.  However, she also indicated that if I was feeling any pain, the dentist would see me that day. 

I was relieved and terrified at the same time.  Patty scheduled me to come in that same evening around 7:00 p.m., right at closing. Needless to say, I did feel a touch of guilt for cutting into his personal time.  Patty assured me not to worry and that they would see me at 7:00. 

Upon arrival, I checked in at the reception desk and was greeted warmly.  Patty took some basic information and then had me go straight into the dentist’s exam room. Dr. Perez introduced himself and his assistant, and than proceeded to ask me general questions about my overall oral health and about the specific problem that I was there about. He did an oral exam and took an X-ray. Although the X-ray did not show any problems, his oral exam identified that I had food stuck in between my tooth that was causing infection and pain. As soon as he removed the food, most of my discomfort quickly dissipated.  No root canal or transplant needed; what a relief.

Dr. Perez showed me some tools I could use at home called "Soft - Picks" (see photo below). They are small enough to go between your teeth without hurting your gums, and helps to ensure that all food has been removed.  He gave me a couple of samples in his office and told me I could find them at either Chedraui or Walmart. He also gave me a prescription for an oral antibiotic and an oral rinse (see photos below).  I paid my bill of $850 pesos (about $50.00 USD), thanked him profusely for seeing me on such short notice and left feeling much better. The next day I was up and out my front door on a mission to fill my prescriptions. Although Chedraui did not have the Soft-Picks, they did have the antibiotic pills and rinse, which I purchased.  I then took the colectivo into Playa del Carmen and went to Walmart. They had several different types of soft-picks, so I purchased several packages of the one Dr. Perez had recommended. Now I was armed with all the items I needed for better oral health. I was so impressed with Dr. Perez that I told my husband that we would be getting our bi-annual checks-ups in Puerto Aventuras with Dr. Perez.

A couple of months later, I called Patty and made our appointments. After taking my husbands oral history, it was time to get in the chair. Our check-ups included a thorough oral exam, before and after photos, a complete cleaning, and reality goggles with soothing music to help keep us relaxed (we did not need X-rays for this visit).

I forgot to mention before, but Dr. Perez's exam room is completely "tricked out" with all the bells and whistles of modern technology. I mean...my dentist in the USA never showed me before and after photos after a cleaning.

But here is the part that is amazing to us both. Dr. Perez did all the work himself, not the assistant or dental hygienist. Now I don't know about you, but my dentist in the USA is in the exam room for about 5 minutes and that's it; unless I'm having something major done. The hygienist takes the X-rays and does the cleaning. 

With both of our exams complete and both of us getting a two-thumbs up for good oral health, we paid a total of $2,800 pesos (about $160.00 USD), thanked them again and left.  Our dental insurance in the U.S. does not cover out of country expense, but you should check with your insurance provider to see if they cover out of country dental care. 

Dr. Perez and his team are all very warm, attentive, caring, professional, flexible people. Whether you are on vacation in the area or live here, we would highly recommend his services. 

He is located in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, right behind the Bamboo Cafe and Smoothies (see photo of business card below).

D.D.S. Enrique Perez
Office: 984-802-9264
Cell: 984-113-5097
Email: aesthetikdentistry@yahoo.de
www.aesthetikdentistry.mx

Special notes:
- His office is on a "cash only" basis
- No checks or credit cards
- English, Spanish and Dutch spoken
- Botox applications available


Business card for Dr. Enrique Perez


I purchased the one on the left. The package also includes a small carry case.

Soft-Picks Go Betweens

Carry case

Go-Betweens in carry case

Oral Rinse

Oral Antibiotic

No comments:

Post a Comment