Monday, August 1, 2016

Medical Doctor in Puerto Aventuras: Dra. Caroline Guzman


House Calls.  Imagine a time in your life when you were ill and did not have the energy to get dressed and venture too far from your sick bed and comfy pj’s to obtain medical care.  Well, for those of us that are over the age of 21…ok, let’s just say over 50, you may remember a time when doctors made house calls.  Those were the good old days, and I honestly thought they were over.



But house calls are exactly what you receive in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico with Dra. Carolina Guzman.  I had the opportunity to utilize Dra. Guzman’s services this past Spring.  I called her around 10:00 a.m. and described (yes, she’s bilingual) my symptoms.  After a brief chat and location information, she agreed to come to my home right after she finished up with another patient. She arrived as promised, introduced herself, and went to work.  She was very gracious, warm, caring, attentive, and professional. 

After an examination of the symptoms I had described to her over the phone, and an assessment of my medical history, there was no need for a prescription. Just a couple of Advil, and a promise from me to follow-up with my primary care physician (PCP) once I returned to the United States the following week…which I promptly did.

As we came to the close of my appointment, she completed her paperwork, I paid her $400 pesos (or about $25 USD) for the visit, and she provided me with a receipt.  I emailed the receipt and necessary forms to my insurance company and received full reimbursement. Your insurance company may process international claims differently, so it would be a good idea to check with them before you incur any medical expenses in Mexico. 



I was so impressed with Dra. Guzman’s service and having a house call, I asked her if she had a few moments so that I could introduce her to some of the other condo owners in my complex and give them her business card. She graciously accepted the invitation. 



Needless to say, I feel very comfortable seeking health care in Puerto Aventuras, and highly recommend Dra. Guzman. 

Whether you are on vacation in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico or live here, she can be reached at: 984-114-9713 (dialing instructions).  

For more detailed information about her and the services she provides, visit her link on the Pelican Free Press Newsletter. 

TRIVIA: in Spanish, you put the letter ‘a’ at the end of ‘Dr’ for a female doctor.

STAY HEALTHY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment